The Jewish Home for the Elderly of Fairfield County
Contact: Andrew Banoff, President
The Jewish Home for the Elderly provides residential and community health care services for seniors
throughout Fairfield County. The Jewish Home’s Community Services include:
• Compassionate Care Companions: Non-medical home care in the senior’s place of residence
• Institute On Aging: Geriatric Assessments and Geriatric Care Management
• Outpatient Rehabilitation: Physical, occupational and speech therapy in a state-of-the art gym
• The Center for Elder Abuse Prevention: outreach, education and protection
• The Home’s Adult Day Center is a medical model program for seniors’ social and recreational fulfillment. Services available include bathing and personal care; physical, occupational and speech therapies; beauty salon & barber shop.
The Jewish Home is a non-profit organization governed by a highly dedicated Board of Directors from our surrounding communities. The skilled nursing residence is on 15 acres in Fairfield. Our Bennett, Tandet and Kuriansky Pavilions provide an environment of care enriched by art and architecture. Over 700 employees carry out the Home’s mission of excellence. Our specialty programs include Post-Acute Rehabilitation and Special Care Units.
The Jewish Home provides extensive recreational, social, and religious programs to promote the physical, emotional and spiritual strengths of each resident, patient, and client. Activities such as current events discussion groups, Yiddish and Hebrew classes, yoga, muscle strengthening programs, the Residents’ Computer Lab, pet therapy, and creative arts therapies help each individual attain his or her highest level of autonomy, functioning, and personal fulfillment.
The Home follows traditional Jewish observances. Food prepared in the Home is strictly Kosher. The Home’s Director of Pastoral Services is a key member of the Home’s Leadership Team.
Over 200 volunteers from throughout Fairfield County give their time, talents, and energy to enrich the lives of everyone at The Jewish Home and new volunteers are always welcome.
The Speakers Bureau of The Jewish Home designs and presents programs to promote understanding of issues related to the aging process for elders, their family members, students, and geriatric professionals.